Total Pageviews

Average Search

Monday, March 1, 2010

Deck Profile: This well. It's filled with power. Telekinetic power.

 This is my current deck for the new format. I've only been able to test it against Six Samurai so far, but it won about every game with neither player side decking.


The point of the deck is basically the same as dark synchro, but it's based around getting Krebons in the graveyard and using Telekinetic Power Well to synchro multiple times.

Monsters: 21
3x Mystic Tomato
2x Armageddon Knight
1x Dark Grepher
1x Necro Gardna
1x Plaguespreader Zombie
2x Destiny Hero - Malicious



The Krebons are easily accessed via the monsters above. Tomato brings Krebons/Arma Knight/Necro/PSZ/Malicious to the field. Armageddon Knight dumps the Malicious/PSZ/Krebons to ready them for a synchro. Level 6 and 8 synchros are the easiest to summon this way.

3x Krebons
1x Mind Master


Krebons is the best tuner for this deck because it's very easy to get it into the graveyard, it's a dark, and it can be special summoned with Power Well and Emergency Teleport. The Mind Master can also be special summoned with those cards, and I can use his effect to send a Krebons to the graveyard and grab one from the deck if needed.


2x Cyber Dragon

This guy can turn the game around if used correctly. If I'm in a position where my opponent has monsters and I don't, I can special him, summon a Krebons, and nuke the field with Black Rose, or use Mind Master for a quick Brionac. With Power Well, I can even make a level 8 very easily if it's needed.

1x Dark Armed Dragon
1x Gorz, Emissary of Darkness

2x Caius the Shadow Monarch


1x Sangan


DAD and Gorz are obvious choices. Caius is there for power, removal, and a potential level 8 synchro. Sangan can grab 13 monsters in the deck, so that's an easy choice.



Spells: 11
1x Heavy Storm
1x Giant Trunade



1x Mystical Space Typhoon
 

Being a swarm/power deck, my opponent's backrow needs to be clear.

1x Brain Control
1x Mind Control



These let me use my opponent's monsters for synchro.

1x Allure
1x Foolish Burial
1x Emergency Teleport
3x Telekinetic Power Well







Allure is draw power, Foolish puts Krebons/PSZ/Malicious in the grave, and Teleport and Power Well special summon my tuners. Power Well can special summon any number of my tuners from the graveyard, except Plaguespreader.
 

Traps: 8
1x TT
1x Mirror Force
1x CotH

1x Solemn
2x BTH
2x Threatening Roar


The traps are basic, except for the 2 Threatening Roars. I chose to run this because it protects my field so I can make a huge play on the next turn. Most of the monsters in my deck are relatively weak until I can tune them into a big synchro. It also helps against the mass of Gladiator Beasts decks we'll probably see early in the format. 


If you have any questions, or complaints, don't hesitate to leave me a comment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment